The objectives of IFSDA are the following :
- To promote and maintain a high standard of professional integrity among Philatelic dealers throughout the world.
- To promote the exchange among the member organizations of information and literature likely to be of service to the philatelic trade.
- To try in all ways to reduce the barriers in international Philatelic trade.
- To promote the exchange of information regarding the marketing of stolen, forged, faked and repaired stamps.
- To promote and help promoting stamp collecting throughout the world.
- with U.P.U., F.I.P., or other organization.
- in the event of theft or other criminal acts against the philatelic trade.
- in International Exhibitions and control the seriousness of the commercial stand holders.
- in actions to prevent or reduce the sale of stamps which have not been issued under satisfactory circumstances.
National Stamp Dealers Associations are ordinary members. The individual dealers, member of the ordinary member associations are indirect members.
BENEFITS FOR STAMP DEALERS
Benefits for individual dealers being a member of an association affiliated to IFSDA
- IFSDA Handbook once in a few years
- IFSDA Membership card
- The right to use the IFSDA logo in advertisements and on websites to show the world to be a dealer of good standards.
- An IFSDAWebsite where every dealer is represented with a link to their own website and e-mail and the possibility to list specialities.
- An organisation taking care of the interests of IFSDA - stamp dealers in negotiations with U.P.U., FIP and other international organizations regarding matters, for example:
- the fight against illegal stamps etc.-
- establishing the WNS (World Numbering System)
- improving the VAT-system relating to stamps wthin EU
- improving the conditions for the validation of old stamps.
- negotiations with the aim to improve the conditions for IFSDA-stamp dealers at international exhibitions
- negociation in case of issues between IFSDA members worldwide.
All this is done on a low-cost budget. Membership fee CHF 20.- per year, which can be seen as perhaps only a quarter of the real value.